Existing Building Code Essentials, 2018 Edition
Existing Building Code Essentials: Based on the 2018 International Existing Building Code® explains those code provisions essential to understanding the application of the 2018 International Existing Building Code® (IEBC®) to the most commonly encountered building practices. The information is presented in a user-friendly manner with an emphasis on technical accuracy and clear easy-to-apply language. Full-color illustrations and examples assist the reader in visualizing the code requirements. The straightforward, easy-to-read approach makes this an invaluable companion guide to the IEBC® for both new and veteran code users and other professionals such as contractors, builders and designers.
Look Inside for These Outstanding Features:
- Topic organization follows the IEBC options of compliance such as Prescriptive, Work Area, and Performance compliance options
- Detailed full-color illustrations enhance comprehension of code provisions for work in existing buildings
- A focused, concise approach on alteration levels in the Work Area Compliance option
- References to corresponding code sections provide added value as a companion guide to the IEBC
- Glossary of code and construction terms clarifies their meaning in the context of the code