ATC-20-1 Field Manual: Postearthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings
he ATC-20-1 Field Manual: Postearthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings, was introduced in 1989 as a companion document to the ATC-20 report. The second (2005) edition of the Field Manual has been updated to include:
- the RESTRICTED USE placard, which was introduced in 1995 (replacing the LIMITED ENTRY placard),
- updated evaluation forms, which were also introduced in 1995,
- new examples,
- more information on steel moment-frame buildings,
- a chapter on mobile homes and manufactured housing,
- guidance on aftershocks and entering damaged buildings,
- new information on barricading, and
- resources available on the internet pertaining to postearthquake safety evaluation.
The pocket-sized Field Manual summarizes the postearthquake safety evaluation procedures in brief concise format designed for ease of use in the field.
|Code Year||- Other -|