Steel Construction Manual 15th Edition
This manual is the 15th Edition of the AISC Steel Construction Manual, which was first published in 1927. It replaces the 14th Edition Manual originally published in 2011.
The following specifications, codes and standards are printed in Part 16 of this Manual:
- 2016 AISC Specifications for Structural Steel Buildings
- 2014 RCSC Specification for Structural Joints Using High-Strength Bolts
- 2016 AISC Code of Standard Practice for Steel Buildings and Bridges
The following major changes and improvements have been made to this revision:
- All tabular information and discussions are updates to comply with the 2016 Specification for Structural Buildings, and the standards and other documents referenced therein.
- Shape information is updated to ASTM A6/A6M-14 throughout this manual. Larger pipe, HSS and angle sizes have also been incorporated into the dimensions and properties tables in Part 1.
- The available compressive strength tables are expanded to include 65- and 70-ksi steel for a limited number of shapes.
- In Part 6, a new design aid is included that provides the width-to-thickness slenderness limits for various steel strengths.
- In Part 6, a new design aid is included that provides the available flexural strength, available shear strength, available compressive strength, and available tensile strength for W-shapes in one table.
- In Part 9, a new interaction equation is provided for connection design based on a plastic strength approach.
- in Part 9, a new approach to designing coped beams is presented based on recent studied
In addition, many other improvements have been made throughout this manual.