2024 International Fuel Gas Code®
As low as:
Click here to view more details
The 2024 International Codes® (I-Codes®) have undergone substantial formatting changes as part of the digital transformation strategy of the International Code Council® (ICC®) to improve the user experience. The changes, promoting a cleaner, more modern look and enhancing readability and sustainability, include:
- Single column text format and modernized font styles improves readability
- QR Codes replace vertical margin sidebars and arrows to identify code changes more accurately
- Shading for table headers and notes improves locating tables and applicable notes
- Grouping of associated content brings tables and figures immediately after the parent section
- Users have capability to validate authenticity of their book and register it with the ICC to receive incentives.
The 2024 IFGC® addresses the design and installation of fuel gas systems and gas fired appliances through prescriptive and performance requirements.
Key changes in the 2024 IFGC® include:
- Appendix D- D105.2, Test for combustion air and vent drafting for natural draft and Category I appliances. Existing code language has been deleted. The entire section is new for the 2024 Codes.
- [BS] 302.3.1 Engineered wood products. Sections 302.3.2, 302.3.3, and 302.3.4 have all been deleted.
- 304.1 -General. The entire section is new for the 2024 Codes. Existing code language has been deleted. The entire section is new for the 2024 Codes.
- 304.12 Protection from fumes and gases. Existing code language has been deleted. The entire section is new for the 2024 Codes.
- 403.6 Workmanship and defects. Existing code language has been rewritten and additional code language has been added for the 2024 Codes.
- Table 503.8- Note: Revisions to Table 503.8 are errata to the 2021 IFGS text that is also applicable to the 2024 IFGS text.