ICC 300-2017: Standard for Bleachers, Folding and Telescopic Seating, and Grandstands
As low as:
Click here to view more details
This ICC Standard addresses the unique concerns associated with bleacher seating. It addresses new and existing installations of all types of bleacher seating including fixed and folding bleachers intended for indoor, outdoor, temporary and permanent use. This Standard is intended to coordinate with the means of egress systems in the building codes.
Features of this updated edition include:
- Separated criteria throughout the standard for outdoor open-air assembly seating and indoor smoke-protected assembly seating, including new definitions for each type.
- Revisions to load combinations to consider sway and partial loading for coordination with current industry standards.
- Improved provisions for stepped aisles regarding tread marking stripes and opening limitations.
- New requirements on addressing transitions between stepped aisles around vomitories or where the stepped aisle continues onto a stairway at the beginning or ends of an aisle.
- Requirements for identification tags including installation and inspection information.
- Criteria for a safe dispersal area where access to a public way is not provided.