Commercial Kitchen Hood Application Guide, 2009 Edition (PDF Download)
As low as:
Click here to view more details
Commercial Kitchen Hoods Application Guide was developed to assist code officials, design professional, and food service providers with a comprehensive analysis of the applicable ICC code for these systems. The application guide introduces the reader to the fire and health hazards of commercial cooking operations and reviews the applicable provisions in the International Mechanical, Fire, Building, Fuel Gas and Energy Conservation codes.
Features of this publication include:
- Reviews the various design requirements for ventilation and makeup air, including air balancing, required calculations for determining ventilation and makeup air, and requirements for environmental air.
- Focuses on kitchen exhaust hoods and grease duct systems and include examples for calculating exhaust hood air capacity
- Detailed review of the various IFC requirements for automatic fire-extinguishing systems, portable fire extinguishers, and kitchen inspection and maintenance requirements.
- Each chapter contains questions and answers, key concepts and important definitions.
- Includes links to helpful internet sites to learn more about commercial kitchen hood systems.