Residential Code Essentials, based on the 2015 International Residential Code® explains those code provisions essential to understanding the application of the IRC® to the most commonly encountered building practices. The information is presented in a user-friendly manner with an emphasis on technical accuracy and clear non-code language. Full-color illustrations, examples and simplified tables assist the reader in visualizing the code requirements. The straightforward, easy-to-read approach makes this an invaluable companion guide to the IRC® for both new and veteran code users.
• Topic organization follows the progress of construction from foundation to finished residence providing a familiar frame of reference
• Detailed full-color illustrations enhance comprehension of code provisions
• A focused, concise approach on conventional construction methods facilitates understanding of the essential code provisions
• References to corresponding code sections provide added value as a companion guide to the IRC
• Glossary of code and construction terms clarifies their meaning in the context of the code