Building Code Essentials, based on the 2015 International Building Code® explores those code provisions essential to understanding the application of the IBC® in a straightforward and easy-to-read format. The user-friendly approach of the text simplifies critical concepts so that users can achieve a more complete understanding of the code’s intent. Full-color illustrations, examples and simplified tables assist the reader in visualizing the code requirements. This up-to-date, step-by-step guide to understanding and applying the code provisions makes it an invaluable companion guide to the IBC® for both new and experienced code users.
• Topic organization reflects the intent of the IBC and facilitates understanding and application of the code provisions
• Detailed full-color illustrations and tables enhance comprehension of code provisions and assist in visualizing complex issues
• Practical, on-the-job scenarios provide real-world context and explanations for applying the code
• References to corresponding code sections provide added value as a companion guide to the IBC
• Glossary of code and construction terms clarifies their meaning in the context of the code