2012 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code™ (ISPSC™)
As low as:
Click here to view more details
The first comprehensive swimming pool code coordinated with the current requirements in the International Codes® and APSP standards. Developed with the Association of Pool & Spa
Professionals (APSP), the ISPSC will establish minimum regulations for public and residential pools, spas, and hot tubs using prescriptive and performance-related provisions.
More benefits of the ISPSC:
- Seamless integration with the most widely used model codes in North America, the International Building Code® (IBC®) and International Residential Code® (IRC®).
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of the federal Virginia Graeme Baker Act for suction entrapment safety.
- Covers fencing, decks, lighting, heaters, circulation systems, pumps, accessibility, diving, sanitizing equipment, filters, and suction fittings.
- Includes provisions for pools and facilities geared specifically for water parks, along with provisions based on the latest research for diving, barriers, general design, and water quality safety.
- All necessary provisions in one book. The ISPSC combines the provisions of the relevant sections of the IRC, IBC, IPC®, and IMC®, and the APSP standards, serving as a fully-integrated document for pool and spa safety.
Top 10 Benefits of the ISPSC:
- The only comprehensive model swimming pool and spa code available.
- Provides Virginia Graeme Baker Act compliance by reference to APSP-7.
- Utilizes time-proven APSP ANSI standards by reference and integration.
- Contains barrier, decking and lighting provisions coordinating with the International Building Code (IBC).
- Covers all types of aquatic vessels including residential and public pools, portable and in-ground spas, water parks, exercise spas, and hot tubs.
- Updated fencing and barrier requirements integrate with IBC and International Residential Code (IRC) provisions.
- Incorporates provisions based on the latest research for diving, barriers, general design, and water quality safety.
- Requires portable spas be certified to latest industry standards eliminating the need to inspect inaccessible interior components.
- The first swimming pool and spa code to address aquatic recreation facilities.
- The first swimming pool and spa code to include an energy standard for residential portable electric spas and for residential in-ground swimming pools and spas.