Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE/SEI 7-10)
As low as:
Click here to view more details
Published by ASCE Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures, ASCE/SEI 7-10, is a complete revision of ASCE Standard 7-05.
- A complete update and reorganization of the wind load provisions, expanding them from one chapter into six to make them more understandable and easier to follow
- Event wind maps with corresponding reductions in load factors, so that the loads are not affected
- Updates to the seismic loads of ASCE 7-05, offering new risk-targeted seismic maps, snow load, live load and atmospheric icing provisions of ASCE 7-05
- Requirements for general structural design
- Means for determining dead, live, soil, flood, wind, snow, rain, atmospheric ice, and earthquake loads, and their combinations that are suitable for inclusion in building codes and other documents.
- Detailed commentary in every chapter containing explanatory and supplementary information to assist users of ASCE 7-10
Structural engineers, architects, and those engaged in preparing and administering local building codes will find the structural load requirements essential to their practice.