2024 International Wildland-Urban Interface Code®
Contains provisions addressing fire spread, accessibility, defensible space, water supply and more for buildings constructed near wildland areas. For the most current adoptions details go to International Code Adoptions
The 2024 IWUIC®:
- Establishes regulations to safeguard life and property from the intrusion of wildland fire and to prevent structure fires from spreading to wildland fuels.
- Regulates defensible space, and provides ignition-resistant construction requirements to protect against fire exposure and resist ignition by burning embers.
- Provides standards for emergency access, water supply and fire protection.
- Provides requirements for automatic fire suppression and safe storage practices.
- Is fully compatible with all of ICC’s International Codes®.
- Is founded on data collected from tests and fire incidents, technical reports and mitigation strategies from around the world.