2021 International Plumbing Code®
The 2021 IPC® provides minimum regulations for plumbing facilities and provides for the acceptance of new and innovative products, materials, and systems. In October 2019, the Code Council released an independent study comparing model plumbing codes.
Important changes in the 2021 IPC include:
- Multiple-user toilet facilities to serve all genders are now permitted.
- Two new methods for relining/rehabilitation of existing sewers are added.
- Accommodations for mounted roof top solar panels over vent terminals is added.
- CSA B805/ICC 805 Rainwater Harvesting Systems is allowed as an alternative design method.
- Plumbing provisions from ICC A117.1-2017 Standard for Usable and Accessible Buildings and Facilities are now included.