Energy Storage Systems: Based on the IBC®, IFC®, IRC® and NEC®
With increased attention on Energy Storage Systems (ESS) as a key enabling technology to facilitate the shift to renewable energy sources, there is an increased need for information building officials, emergency services, planners, architects and engineers can apply to safely plan, design, build and permit ESS in the built environment.
This Guide provides a helpful reference to a variety of ESS technologies. Topics discussed include:
- Utility-Scale and Large Commercial-Scale ESS Projects
- Residential and Small Commercial Scale ESS Projects
- Fire and Explosion Risk in battery-based ESS
- Key Standards for ESS Equipment and Installations
- Applicable Codes
- Reviewing and Inspecting Techniques for ESS
Printable checklists for document reviews, inspections and more are also included.
Front Matter (Title Page, TOC, Preface and Forward)