2021 International Wildland-Urban Interface Code®
Contains provisions addressing fire spread, accessibility, defensible space, water supply and more for buildings constructed near wildland areas. For the most current adoptions details go to International Code Adoptions
- Establishes regulations to safeguard life and property from the intrusion of wildland fire and to prevent structure fires from spreading to wildland fuels.
- Regulates defensible space, and provides ignition-resistant construction requirements to protect against fire exposure and resist ignition by burning embers.
- Provides standards for emergency access, water supply and fire protection.
- Provides requirements for automatic fire suppression and safe storage practices.
- Is fully compatible with all of ICC’s International Codes®.
- Is founded on data collected from tests and fire incidents, technical reports and mitigation strategies from around the world.