Building Department Administration, 5th edition
This 5th edition is completely reorganized for improved usability and builds on the vast improvements of the 4th edition. In addition to reorganization, each chapter has been revised and reformatted, including the most contemporary and state-of-the-art information for building department administration, making this edition a valued resource for the 21st century building safety agency.
The content, compilation and organization of this unique publication is based on the expertise and practical knowledge of more than 50 building safety and resiliency professionals in government and private practice participating as authors, contributors, peer reviewers and editors, making it one of the most widely edited and reviewed publications in building safety. This 5th edition also benefitted from the leadership, authorship and contributions of Henry L. Green as the chief content editor.
Building Department Administration is a comprehensive one-stop resource critical to the successful management and operation of building safety administration. It is also a required reference for professional ICC certifications such as Certified Building Official (CBO) and Certified Fire Marshal (CFO).
Outstanding topics and features include:
- Tables, graphics and forms
- Information tips in highlighted boxes
- Employee performance evaluation approaches and forms
- Green and sustainability
- Disaster mitigation and building security
- Building safety and resiliency
- Technology and automation in plan review and code administration
- Legal approaches, liability and court cases
- Digital transformation, technology and automation availability and implementation
- Calculation of needed resources and staff levels for an effective department and third-party entities
- Effective multi-departmental plan review and permitting procedures
- Leadership, supervision, and customer relations
- Training and certifications
- Legacy model codes and ICC history
- International approaches
- Records management
- Housing, code enforcement, property maintenance and the public counter
- ICC strategic planning
Front Matter (Title Page, TOC, Preface and Forward)