ASABE/ICC 802-2020 Landscape Irrigation Sprinkler and Emitter Standard
The intent of this standard is to address the design, features, performance and testing of sprinklers, bubblers and emitters used in landscape irrigation systems.
This second edition includes:
- Discussion of and definitions for various types of devices, including sprays, rotors, multistream multitrajectory nozzles, bubblers, drip emitters, and microsprays.
- Standardized test procedures for common test parameters including flow rate, distance of throw, and uniformity.
- Burst pressure test procedures and minimum requirements.
- Distribution uniformity calculation methods based on various spacing types.
- Minimum requirements for integral pressure regulation.
- Test procedures for missing or damaged nozzles.
- Test procedures for drip emitters and microsprays coordinated with the ISO 9261 standard.
- New alternative test procedure coordinated with EPA WaterSense test procedure.
- Requirements for the marking of all products.