ASABE/ICC 802-2014 Landscape Irrigation Sprinkler and Emitter Standard
Establishes design and testing requirements for landscape irrigation sprinklers, bubblers, drip emitters and microsprays. Provides minimum design and performance requirements, and specifies uniform test methods for product performance. Sets definitions and product classifications for commonly used sprinklers and emitters. First edition of a new consensus standard developed through ICC’s ANSI-accredited standard development process in collaboration with the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE).
The intent of this standard is to address the design, features, performance and testing of sprinklers, bubblers and emitters used in landscape irrigation systems.
The 2014 edition includes:
• Covers and defines various types of devices, including sprays, rotors, multistream multitrajectory nozzles, bubblers, drip emitters and microsprays
• Standardized test procedures for common test parameters including flow rate, distance of throw, and uniformity
• Burst pressure test procedures and minimum requirements
• Sets distribution uniformity calculation methods based on various spacing types
• Minimum requirements for integral pressure regulation
• New test procedures for missing or damaged nozzles
• New test procedures for drip emitters and microsprays coordinated with the ISO 9261 standard
• New requirements for the marking of all products.