2021 IBC® SEAOC Structural/Seismic Design Manual, Volume 1: Code Application Examples
This series provides a step-by-step approach to applying the structural provisions of the 2021 International Building Code® and referenced standards. Volume 1 contains code application examples based on the IBC and ASCE 7-16, including determination of seismic irregularities, combinations of structural systems, determination of drift, support of discontinuous systems and analysis of seismic forces applied to equipment, nonstructural elements, and nonbuilding structures.
- Sample structures
- ASCE 7 equations applied to examples
- Code and standard references for each Volume 1 example including:
- Nonstructural Component Seismic Demands Based on Building Accelerations
- Redundancy Factor for Concrete Core Shear Wall Building
- Combined Loading for SCBF Column Supporting Mezzanine
- Shallow Foundations with Liquefiable Soils
An excellent reference and study guide for the NCEES Structural Exam, this manual is an invaluable resource for civil and structural engineers, architects, academics, and students.