A comprehensive guide to solving various, difficult lateral load path problems, Analysis of Irregular Shaped Structures Diaphragms and Shear Walls focuses on the analysis of complicated structures with vertical and horizontal offsets and the analysis of complex shear walls. The establishment of complete load paths through multiple diaphragm discontinuities is also addressed.
- R. Terry Malone, Robert Rice
In the past, many residential and commercial structures were fairly straight forward, redundant structures with reasonable layouts of lateral resisting systems with minimal vertical and horizontal offsets. Today, construction is more complex: structures incorporate diaphragms at different levels and have multiple building irregularities and fewer supporting lateral resisting elements. This unique book discusses the analysis of complex diaphragms and shear walls.
- Brings together in one volume information scattered throughout various articles and reports
- Highlights field-related issues
- Addresses design misconceptions
- Covers the analysis of complicated structures with vertical and horizontal offsets
- Discusses the analysis of complex shear walls
- Deals with the establishment of complete load paths through multiple diaphragm discontinuities
Copyright Date: 2011