- CRC Press
Authored by Dr. Bungale S. Taranath, Ph.D, P.E., S.E. Published by Taylor and Francis and co-branded by ICC.
An exploration of the world of concrete as it applies to the construction of buildings, Reinforced Concrete Design of Tall Buildings provides a practical perspective on all aspects of reinforced concrete used in the design of structures, with particular focus on tall and ultra-tall buildings. Dozens of case studies of tall buildings throughout the world- many of which the author designed himself – provide in-depth discussion of why and how specific structural system choices were made.
Reinforced Concrete Design of Tall Buildings also discusses:
- The building codes, including the ASCE/SEI 7-05, IBC-06/09, ACI 318-05/08 and ASCE/SEI 41-06.
- Recent developments in studies of seismic vulnerability and retrofit design.
- Earthquake hazard mitigation technology including seismic base isolation, passive energy dissipation and damping systems.
- Lateral bracing concepts and gravity resisting systems for tall and ultra-tall buildings
- Performance based design trends
Using realistic examples throughout, the author shows how to create sound, cost-efficient high-rise structures, and illustrative examples present several approaches to design tall buildings. Enhanced with hundreds of informative illustrations, “Reinforced Concrete Design of Tall Buildings” is an excellent resource for engineers, architects and building code officials.
Copyright Date: 2012