Front Matter (Title Page, TOC, and Forward)
The specifications in this standard make sites, facilities, buildings and elements accessible to and usable by people with such physical disabilities as the inability to walk, difficulty walking, reliance on walking aids, blindness and visual impairment, deafness and hearing impairment, in coordination, reaching and manipulation disabilities, lack of stamina, difficulty interpreting and reacting to sensory information, and extremes of physical size. The intent of this standard is to allow a person with physical disability to independently get to, enter, and use a site, facility, building, or element.
- Coordination of requirements for the various types of dwelling units
- Technical requirements for Type C (Visitable) Units added
- Variable Message Signs (i.e., gate information in train stations and airports)
- Better consistency of sign requirements regarding when raised characters and Braille are required
- Location of toilet paper dispenser (more design options, recessed fixtures addressed, single point of measurement, etc.)
- New chapter for a variety of types of recreational facilities
These new recreational criteria are intended to provide a level of coordination between the accessible provisions of this standard and the revised Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA/ABA AG).
This is a must have reference for facility professionals, building owners, architects, designers, and code officials that want to stay up to date with the requirements of this Accessibility Standard.
PURCHASE THE PDF DOWNLOAD VERSION AND GET IMMEDIATE ACCESS!!! This convenient option is a searchable PDF download that requires Adobe® Reader® 8.0 or later. You must have this version to be able to load and access the product. The download is protected from duplication by Protectedpdf™. You are required to login to our secure server and register your copy. You will be able to install this software no more than two times as provided in the license agreement. Neither concurrent use on two or more computers nor use in a local area network or other network is permitted. These documents are for computer use only and are not compatible with iPad, Android, or Blackberry devices.
ALL PDF DOWNLOAD SALES ARE FINAL.