Allan Bilka (bio),
Anthony C. Floyd
- ICC/Delmar Cengage Learning
The cutting-edge green building projects of today are quickly becoming standard practice for tomorrow. In order for industry professionals to keep up with this trend, theyll need to have a solid grasp on green building, and the technologies, market forces, and governmental policies that drive it. Green Building: A Professional's Guide to Concepts, Codes, and Innovation is designed for those seeking a better understanding of current design and building performance issues. Coverage includes straightforward explanations of how buildings and ecosystems can work together, as well as the sustainability concerns inspiring current regulations. Relevant codes and standards are discussed in-depth, with particular attention to the International Green Construction Code®. Knowledge is essential for environmentally-appropriate and efficient building solutions. Readers of this book will have a better understanding of where the building industry is headed and how to become compliant with green practices and regulations.
- Comprehensive yet concise coverage of green building design, rating systems, standards, and the regulatory process for residential and commercial construction, whether traditional or high-performance.
- Explanation of the differences between green standards, codes, and various rating systems.
- Photographs and illustrations showing real-world application of green construction concepts.
- Discussion of historical precedents and milestones during the development of sustainable building practices relevant code information, including the International Building Code®, International Residential Code®, International Energy Conservation Code®, International Mechanical Code®, and International Plumbing Code®.
- Specific coverage of the International Green Construction Code® provisions.