This comprehensive swimming pool code is coordinated with the current requirements in the International Codes® and APSP standards. Developed with the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP), the ISPSC establishes minimum regulations for public and residential pools, spas, and hot tubs using prescriptive and performance-related provisions. For the most current adoptions details go to International Code AdoptionsCODE ALERT! Purchase of the code includes free signup for a subscription to receive critical code updates.
PURCHASE THE PDF/REDLINE DOWNLOAD VERSION AND GET IMMEDIATE ACCESS!!! The PDF/Redline Download option contains PDF files of both the base I-Code and a Redline version of the I-Code which shows changes from the previous edition marked in the color red. With the Redline you can quickly spot changed sections and tell specifically what has been changed from the previous edition, saving time and confusion. This option is mobile friendly and compatible with all devices, including mobile tablets and smart phones. It requires a PDF Reader. Use on a local area network or other network is not permitted.
ALL PDF/REDLINE DOWNLOAD SALES ARE FINAL.
For ICC certification examination rules related to exam reference materials review Test Site Regulations
The 2015 ISPSC® contains many important changes including:
- The comprehensive provisions of this code which regulates swimming pools and spas are now mandatory as a referenced code from both the IBC and IRC. This code replaces the non-mandatory provisions previously in Appendix G of the IRC and the limited scope provisions previously in Section 3109 of the IBC. (IBC Section 3109, IRC Section R324.1; G193-12 and RB465-13)
- The term “aquatic vessel” which was viewed by many as confusing has been replaced with the phrase “pool and spa”. (Section 202; SP4 – 13)
- A fall protection guard is now required for public swimming pools where the springboard is located higher than 5 feet above the pool deck. (Section 402.14; SP45 – 13)
- A sign indicating the location of the nearest emergency landline telephone is required for public swimming pools. The sign is required to include all the necessary information to relay to the emergency responders. (Section 412.2; SP52 – 13)
- Comprehensive provisions for safety signs for ladders, diving and entrapment have been added to the code. (Section 705; SP64-13)