The first model code focused on new and existing commercial buildings addressing affordable green building design and performance. The IgCC provides the building industry with language that both broadens and strengthens building codes in a way that will accelerate the construction of high performance, green buildings. It provides a vehicle for jurisdictions to regulate green for the design and performance of new and renovated buildings in a manner that is integrated with existing codes, allowing buildings to reap the rewards of improved design and construction practices. Includes ANSI/ASHRAE/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2014 for the Design of High Performance Green Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings as an alternative path of compliance.
PURCHASE THE PDF/REDLINE DOWNLOAD VERSION AND GET IMMEDIATE ACCESS!!! The PDF/Redline Download option contains PDF files of both the base I-Code and a Redline version of the I-Code which shows changes from the previous edition marked in the color red. With the Redline you can quickly spot changed sections and tell specifically what has been changed from the previous edition, saving time and confusion. This option is mobile friendly and compatible with all devices, including mobile tablets and smart phones. It requires a PDF Reader. Use on a local area network or other network is not permitted.
ALL PDF/REDLINE DOWNLOAD SALES ARE FINAL.
For ICC certification examination rules related to exam reference materials review Test Site Regulations
- Standards were added to Section 408.2.4 for infiltration rate testing for pervious pavement
- Exterior lighting zones in Table 409.1.1 were revised and clarified
- Section 503.1 revised to require material recycling and salvaging only where salvaging and recycling facilities are available within 75 miles of the building site
- The material selection provisions of Section 505.1 were revised to allow 2 additional compliance options: Environmental Product Declarations (505.4.1) and multi-attribute standards (505.4.2)
- The provisions of Section 506 for low mercury content in fluorescent lamps were rewritten and clarified
- The building envelope moisture control provisions (Section 507) were deleted
- Environmental tobacco smoke control provisions (803.3) were deleted
- The acoustics provisions of Section 807 were revised to simplify, clarify and eliminate major redundancies
- The daylighting provisions of Section 807 were simplified and streamlined
- A rewrite of Chapter 9 enhances commissioning provisions and streamlines and simplifies Table 903.1
- Basic sustainability requirements related to water and energy were added where any work is performed on an existing building that requires a permit. Similar provisions previously appeared in the IgCC Public Versions
- The existing building energy reporting requirements (Sections 1007.3.3 through 1007.3.3.3) were streamlined
- Appendix A was revised to require compliance with a minimum of 3 project electives, as selected by the owner or the owner’s authorized agent, and now simply recognizes compliance with any other project electives that are selected by the owner and verified by the code official
- In Appendix B, the provisions for radon control in commercial buildings were deleted