Front Matter (Title Page, TOC, Preface and Forward)
The IFC contains regulations to safeguard life and property from fires and explosion hazards. Topics include general precautions, emergency planning and preparedness, fire department access and water supplies, automatic sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, special hazards, and the storage and use of hazardous materials. Now in its fifth edition, key changes to the IFC include:
Complete reformatting into eight different parts that correlate to a specific area of regulation.
- Revised definitions for health, day and ambulatory care occupancies clarify how they are classified.
- New requirements for photovoltalic solar cells on roofs will help ensure safe fire fighting operations.
- Mass notification fire alarm systems with text displays and captions are now required in Group A stadiums and grandstands with an occupant load of 15,000 or more.
- The automatic sprinkler protection requirements for manufacturing, display and storage of upholstered furniture were clarified.
- Portable fire extinguishers are now required in Group A, B, and E occupancies regardless of automatic sprinkler system protection.
- Requirements for dry cleaning plants using Class III-A and III-B combustible liquids were relaxed.
- New provisions in the semiconductor fabrication facility requirements address sub-atmospheric pressure gas systems.
- Dust deflagration hazards must be reviewed, analyzed and engineering or administrative controls are now required to be documented and implemented in the IFC hazardous material provisions.
- Code text addressing automated LP-Gas cylinder exchange cabinets was added.
Purchase the PDF Download version and get immediate access!!!
This convenient option is a searchable PDF download that requires Adobe® Reader® 8.0 or later. You must have this version to be able to load and access the product. The download is protected from duplication by Protectedpdf™. You are required to login to our secure server and register your copy. You will be able to install this software no more than two times as provided in the license agreement. Neither concurrent use on two or more computers nor use in a local area network or other network is permitted. These documents are for computer use only and are not compatible with iPad, Android, or Blackberry devices.
NOTE: The PDF Download is not included with the printed version of the book.