Steve Van Note (bio)
- ICC/Delmar Cengage Learning
Illustrates and explains the basics of the 2012 International Residential Code® those provisions essential to understanding the application of the IRC® to the most commonly encountered building practices-in a user-friendly manner with an emphasis on technical accuracy and clear non-code language.
Building Code Basics: Residential, Based on the 2012 International Residential Code® breaks down the code in an easy to read and understand format. This straightforward, focused approach presents code requirements with non-code language, allowing readers to gain confidence in their understanding of the material. The book focuses on the basics of the IRC including provisions for structural design, fire and life safety, weather protection, interior environment, energy conservation, and plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas and electrical systems.
Coverage corresponds to the order of construction beginning with site work and foundations, and ending with the fire and life-safety and environmental requirements of the finished building. Full-color illustrations help readers to visualize correct code application and a glossary of code and construction terms clarifies key terminology as it applies to the code.
- Simplifies the code in an easy to read format
- 240 full-color illustrations help readers to visualize correct code application
- Real day-to-day applications
- Glossary of code and construction terms clarifies key terminology as it applies to the code
- Requirements for plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas and electrical systems and equipment are included for well-rounded coverage
Technically accurate and easy to understand, this is the perfect resource for anyone involved in the design, construction or inspection of residential buildings including beginning and experienced inspectors, contractors, home builders, architects, designers, home inspectors, and students of construction technology or related fields.