- ICC/Delmar Cengage Learning
Building Code Basics: Green is an overview of the International Green Construction Code (IgCC). The International Green Construction Code, developed by the International Code Council (ICC) in association with cooperating sponsors ASTM International (ASTM) and the American Institute of Architects (AIA), along with support of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), The Green Building Initiative, American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning (ASHRAE) and other organizations, is a set of requirements intended to reduce the negative impact of commercial buildings on the natural environment.
Building Code Basics: Green is a basic guide intended to familiarize design professionals, contractors, manufacturers, code officials and others with only a limited understanding of green construction practices with those mandatory requirements of the IgCC, and to provide a better understanding of the concept of project electives and jurisdictional electives which are designed to encourage and drive the construction of buildings beyond the minimum requirements of the International Codes to higher performance thresholds in the areas of energy, water conservation, and natural resource conservation. This book will address subjects that are common to both the IgCC and other green and sustainable rating systems. The history of green building practice will also be discussed.
- Detailed, full-color illustrations and tables enhance comprehension and help students to visualize complex codes and green concepts.
- Convenient references to relevant code sections help tie the IgCC® to its real-world applications.
- Practical, on-the-job scenarios and the use of photographs provide a realistic context for the information and aid students in learning how to apply the code.
- Highly experienced author ensures content is both accurate and up-to-date with the latest methodologies and standards.
This book is a practical approach to understanding the IgCC, and is written for all interested in green and sustainable construction, both professionals and those just entering the field.