Wall bracing is a common source of confusion and misapplication although it is of critical importance when designing, performing plan review, building or inspecting a structure. This full-color illustrative guide was developed to help building designers, builders, building officials and others using the code in the application of the lateral bracing requirements of the 2012 International Residential Code® (IRC). The authors identify and explain the key elements of wall bracing and demystify the IRC prescriptive bracing provisions.
Topics covered include:
- Historical perspective and the evolution of wall bracing
- The “language” of wall bracing
- Wind and seismic forces and how they act on structures
- The physical limits under which wall bracing can be used
- Bracing methods and options available to the builder/designer
- Rules for the use of bracing
- Determining how much bracing is required with adjustments and variations
- Connection details for bracing units, cripple walls and foundations
- Unique bracing provisions for stone and masonry veneer
- The new simplified wall bracing provisions
- Narrow wall solutions
- Whole house considerations and examples
A Guide to the 2012 IRC Wood Wall Bracing Provisions is jointly published by ICC and APA—The Engineered Wood Association with the shared goal of promoting the accurate understanding and correct application of the IRC for safer buildings and communities.
PURCHASE THE PDF DOWNLOAD VERSION AND GET IMMEDIATE ACCESS!!! This convenient option is a searchable PDF download that requires Adobe® Reader® 8.0 or later. You must have this version to be able to load and access the product. The download is protected from duplication by Protectedpdf™. You are required to login to our secure server and register your copy. You will be able to install this software no more than two times as provided in the license agreement. Neither concurrent use on two or more computers nor use in a local area network or other network is permitted. These documents are for computer use only and are not compatible with iPad, Android, or Blackberry devices.
NOTE: The PDF Download is not included with the printed version of the book.
ALL PDF DOWNLOAD SALES ARE FINAL.